First Year Student Selection Factors
First Year Student Selection - How we review your application
Your academic accomplishments are considered in the context of your life experiences and educational environment. Criteria for selection will include depth and breadth of academic preparation, including quality of the senior year program.
Factors that may be considered include:
- Outstanding performance in one or more academic subject areas
- Demonstrated leadership potential
- Volunteer/community service
- Participation in special projects or programs
- Talents, experiences and interests that will contribute to the vitality and educational environment at UC Merced
We also consider special circumstances or personal challenges, especially as they relate to the social or educational environment and how your educational objectives and life experience have been affected.