Frequently Asked Questions
On this page:
- When is Transfer Academy?
- Is there a waiting list?
- Where does Transfer Academy take place?
- Will meals be provided during the program?
- What are some items I need to bring to Transfer Academy?
- Can I bring my own vehicle and if so, do I have to pay for parking?
- Will there be gender neutral housing or co-ed residential living situations?
- Can I request to dorm with a friend?
- Can I bring medication?
- Are there any handicap-accessible resources available at UC Merced?
- Who do I contact if I have further questions?
Program date: July 19-21, 2019
Application deadline: June 14, 2019 @ 11:59 PM
Yes. We anticipate our summer program to be filled. Once filled, we will place participants on a waiting list. We will contact the wait list accordingly.
Transfer Academy will be on campus at UC Merced.
Yes, during your time at Transfer Academy all of your meals and snacks will be provided at no cost. If you have special food/allergy needs, please let us know prior and we will be sure to meet your accommodations.
Bedding and towels will be provided for by UC Merced. Students will need to bring their own:
- Toiletries: Shampoo, conditioner, toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, deodorant, lotion, sunscreen, and any other personal items needed
- Comfortable shoes: We will be walking around campus, bring comfortable shoes! We also recommended sandals/flip flops for the showers/dorm.
- Comfortable clothes
- Backpack/messenger bag
- Chargers for your phone, electronics
Yes, you can bring your own vehicle and parking will be free.
Absolutely! We will provide a consent form for dorm room preferences from each participant.
We try and pair you with a participant from another institution to share each other’s experiences. It’s fun to branch out and maybe find some common ground!
Absolutely, bring any necessities you need and if you need to refrigerate medication, just let us know beforehand and we will provide that for you.
Always! Let us know prior if you need any sort of accommodations.
For additional questions or concerns, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org