Bobcat Advising Center
Advisors in the Bobcat Advising Center (BAC) assist all first year and undeclared students in planning their academic program, adjusting to the academic rigor of a research university and accessing resources tailored to the student’s needs. Students attend regular appointments throughout their first year with a personal academic advisor who is committed to their individual success.
Calvin E. Bright Success Center
The Calvin E. Bright Success Center (BSC) is the hub of academic advising and learning support services that help students to adapt to challenges and demands of university life and be successful.
- Academic Competitions
- Degree Attainment for Returning and Transfer Scholars (DARTS)
- Fiat Lux Scholars
- Guardian Scholars - Support services for former foster youth
- Online Workshops
- Peer Academic Advising
- Peer Led Undergraduate Support (PLUS) Center
- Success Mentor Program - One-on-one upper-division help for first year students
- Strengthening Talents and Exploring Pathways (STEP) - Career preparation for undocumented, income-eligible and disabled students
- Services for Undocumented Students and Special Populations
- Undeclared Advising
- More programs at learning.ucmerced.edu
So that you are empowered to stay on the path toward graduation, you will receive mid-semester grades in your lower-division courses. If faculty and advisors see a potential for academic improvement, they will give you early feedback about your performance so far that semester, and motivate you to rise to the challenge of getting back on track if you need to.
More info at catalog.ucmerced.edu.
- Campus Advocacy, Resources and Education (CARE)
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
- Disability Services
- Student Health Services
- Veteran Services