Our academic majors offer students valuable opportunities. Whether you are studying across disciplines and broadening your knowledge base or conducting research with award-winning faculty in areas that address some of the most pressing issues facing our society and the planet, you are acquiring skills that will help you achieve your goals.
Find information on graduation rates, and the typical length of time to degree at Institutional Research and Decision Support.
School of Engineering
- Bioengineering, B.S.
- Civil Engineering, B.S. New!
(available to transfer students in Fall 2023).
- Computer Science and Engineering, B.S.
- Environmental Engineering, B.S.
- Materials Science and Engineering, B.S
- Mechanical Engineering, B.S.
- Undeclared School of Engineering***
School of Natural Sciences
- Applied Mathematical Sciences, B.S. *
- Computational and Data Sciences
- Computational Biology
- Computer Science
- Biological Sciences, B.S. *, **
- Developmental Biology
- Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
- Human Biology
- Microbiology and Immunology
- Molecular and Cell Biology
- Chemistry, B.S. *
- Biological Chemistry
- Materials Chemistry
- Environmental Systems Science, B.S.
- Physics, B.S. *
- Atomic, Molecular, Optical and Condensed Matter
- Computational and Mathematical Physics
- Undeclared School of Natural Sciences***
School of Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts
- Anthropology, B.A.
- Cognitive Science, B.S., B.A.
- Critical Race and Ethnic Studies, B.A.
- Economics, B.A.
- Economics, B.S. ****
Emphases (available to first year students in Spring 2021 and transfer students in Fall 2022):
- Economic Analysis and Policy
- Quantitative Economics
- English, B.A.
- Global Arts Studies Program, B.A.
- Performance Studies (Fall 2021)
- Visual Studies (Fall 2021)
- History, B.A.
- Management and Business Economics, B.S.
- Philosophy, B.A.
- Political Science, B.A.
- Psychology, B.A.
- Public Health, B.A.
- Sociology, B.A.
- Spanish, B.A.
- Undeclared School of Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts***
* Transfer students must choose an emphasis.
** Learn about an accelerated pathway that makes it possible to earn your
degree in three years: ns-advising.ucmerced.edu/acceleratedplan.
*** First year applicants only.
**** All applicants must choose an emphasis.
- American Studies
- Applied Mathematics
- Chicano/a Studies
- Cognitive Science
- Community Research and Service
- Geospatial Technology
- Global Arts Studies
- Interdisciplinary Public Health
- Management Analytics and Decision-Making
- Management and Business Economics
- Natural Sciences Education
- Natural Sciences Education Minor with Teaching Credential
- Political Science
- Writing Studies