Our academic majors offer students valuable opportunities. Whether you are studying across disciplines and broadening your knowledge base or conducting research with award-winning faculty in areas that address some of the most pressing issues facing our society and the planet, you are acquiring skills that will help you achieve your goals.
Find information on graduation rates, and the typical length of time to degree at Institutional Research and Decision Support.
School of Engineering
- Bioengineering, B.S.
- Computer Science and Engineering, B.S.
- Environmental Engineering, B.S.
- Materials Science and Engineering, B.S
- Mechanical Engineering, B.S.
- Undeclared School of Engineering
School of Natural Sciences
- Applied Mathematical Sciences, B.S. *
- Computational and Data Sciences
- Computational Biology
- Computer Science
- Biological Sciences, B.S. *, **
- Developmental Biology
- Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
- Human Biology
- Microbiology and Immunology
- Molecular and Cell Biology
- Chemical Sciences, B.S. *
- Biological Chemistry
- Chemical Sciences
- Materials Chemistry
- Environmental Systems Science, B.S.
- Physics, B.S. *
- Atomic/Molecular/Optical/Condensed Matter
- Mathematical Physics
- Undeclared School of Natural Sciences
School of Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts
- Anthropology, B.A.
- Cognitive Science, B.S., B.A.
- Critical Race and Ethnic Studies, B.A.
- Economics, B.S., B.A.
- English, B.A.
- Global Arts Studies Program, B.A.
- History, B.A.
- Management and Business Economics, B.S.
- Philosophy, B.A.
- Political Science, B.A.
- Psychology, B.A.
- Public Health, B.A.
- Sociology, B.A.
- Spanish, B.A.
- Undeclared School of Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts
* Transfer students must choose an emphasis.
** Learn about an accelerated pathway that makes it possible to earn your
degree in three years: ns-advising.ucmerced.edu/acceleratedplan.
- American Studies
- Applied Mathematics
- Chemical Sciences
- Chicano/a Studies
- Cognitive Science
- Community Research and Service
- Global Arts Studies Program
- Interdisciplinary Public Health
- Management and Business Economics
- Management Analytics and Decision-Making
- Natural Sciences Education
- Natural Sciences Education Minor with Teaching Credential
- Political Science
- World Heritage
- Writing Studies