UC MERCED VISITOR PROTOCOL (updated June 23, 2022)
Visitors are defined as anyone who is not a UC Merced employee (faculty, staff, and other academic appointees.
If you plan to visit campus for a campus tour or any reason, even if as an invited guest, please check with your campus contact for any special considerations or precautions for your visit. Also, take the time to familiarize yourself with the following general safety guidelines.
Regardless of vaccination status, all indoor activities will require face coverings for students, employees and visitors.
A visitor must follow any rules that may be required in specific buildings.
If you are experiencing or have had COVID-19 symptoms in the past ten (10) days, or you were in recent contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19, please do not come to campus. Once you test negative or more than 14 days have passed, we can assist you in person.
HEALTH & WELLNESS CHECK
Answering ‘YES’ to any of the health screening questions will result in the cancellation of your campus tour and/or event. The following questions will be asked before proceeding with your campus tour and/or event:
- Have you or anyone in your immediate traveling party, been told to quarantine/isolate by a medical provider or the health department?
- In the past 14 days, have you or anyone in your immediate traveling party, had close contact (i.e. less than 6 feet of physical distance) for 10 minutes or more with someone who has or is suspected of having COVID-19?
- Are you or anyone in your immediate traveling party, experiencing a cough, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing which is new or not explained by a pre-existing condition?
- In the past 48 hours, have you or anyone in your immediate traveling party, had at least two of the following symptoms which are new or not explained by a pre-existing condition: fever, chills, repeated shaking chills, fatigue, muscle pain, body aches, headache, sore throat, nasal congestion or runny nose, vomiting, diarrhea, or loss of taste or smell?
- Did you or any member in your immediate travel party, have a temperature of 100.4 at any point in the past 72 hours?
- Have you or any member in your immediate traveling party, tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
For the safety of our campus community, we are limiting the number of interior buildings that tour groups will enter.
While UC Merced is taking all precautions to safeguard our community, we cannot eliminate the risk of COVID-19 exposure and infection on campus. Please be reminded that you are undertaking your visit at your own risk.
DINING ON CAMPUS
UC Merced Dining Services is excited to welcome students and their guests to the Dining Centers while they are on campus for tours.
When you and your guest visit the dining facilities, you are both required to follow campus COVID-19 guidelines and stay at least six feet apart.
The Dining Center is open and accepts residential and non-residential meal plans, as well as Cat Dollars, credit cards and debit cards. Entry for breakfast costs $10.95 and entry for lunch costs $11.95. More information, visit our Dining Services website.
You can view the hours of operation here.
PARKING ON CAMPUS
You can park in any non-reserved space in the Bellevue Lot which is located on the right side as you enter campus. UC Merced uses the License Plate Recognition (LPR) permitting system. You will need to purchase a digital permit by downloading the WayToPark mobile app. Use Zone 1111 (valid for parking in the Bellevue Lot).
Once you have gotten your digital permit through WayToPark, proceed to the Welcome Center. No physical permits will be issued.
If you have a scheduled family tour, check your email for instructions on how to obtain free parking for the day. Free parking spaces are limited. If you have questions, contact the Welcome Center.
For more information, visit the Transportation and Parking Services (TAPS) website.
Download the Campus Map.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What if the tour I want to join is at capacity?
Due to COVID-19 policies, all guests must be pre-registered. We will be unable to accommodate additional guests or walk-in registrations.
Can I bring more than four guests for the Guided Tours?
At this time, we are unable to accommodate more than four guests per registered student for the Guided Tours. This is to allow the maximum number of admitted students to attend while maintaining physical distancing during the tour. We will not be able to make any exceptions to this policy.
How do I get to campus and where do I park for tours?
You can use Google Maps to coordinate your arrival to campus. Our physical address is: 5200 N. Lake Road, Merced, CA 95343. See above for parking information.
Can I speak with an admissions counselor to ask specific questions?
Guests can utilize our Students First Center (SFC) services, our one-stop-shop for help with questions regarding Admissions, Financial Aid, Registrar, and Billing, for help with specific questions during their visit. If the Enrollment Services Advisor is unable to answer your question, they will refer you to an admissions advisor.
FOR ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS
If you have any additional questions about your upcoming visit, contact us at:
Welcome Center Coordinator
We look forward to seeing you on campus!