Where to Apply
The Fall 2022 Admission Application is NOW OPEN
If you are a prospective first year (freshman) or transfer student for Fall 2022, you can get a head start on your application and begin working on it now. The priority filing period is Nov. 1-30, 2021. More application dates and deadlines are on the University of California Admissions website.
The Spring 2022 Admission Application Is Closed
There's still time to submit an appeal for Spring 2022 by submitting your request here.
- To apply, go to the University of California Application website.
- In the Campuses & Majors section of the application, select UC Merced.
- You do not need to submit the SAT or ACT. UC Merced will not use them for admission or scholarship selection.
- You are not required to submit transcripts to apply; however, it's a good idea to have a copy of your unofficial records to help you complete your application.
APPLICATION FEE AND WAIVERS
- The cost to submit your application is $70 per UC campus ($80 for international and non-immigrant applicants).
- You can make your payment either by credit card or by mail, just be sure to follow the instructions in the application.
- Once your application has been submitted, you are expected to pay for all your campus choices, even if you cancel your application at a later date. The application fees are non-refundable.
UC will waive application fees for up to four campuses for qualiﬁed students who would otherwise be unable to apply for admission. The fee waiver program is for United States citizens, permanent residents, and applicants eligible for AB540 beneﬁts.
- Fee waivers can’t be applied to more than four campuses, regardless of their source (e.g., UC, CollegeBoard/SAT).
- If you apply to more than four, you’ll need to pay $70 for each additional choice.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A FEE WAIVER
- If you enter your family size and income in the “About you” section, you will see if you’ve qualified for an application fee waiver when you select your campuses in the "Campuses & majors" section (a message will appear on that page with real-time feedback about how many campuses you can apply to for free).
SELECTING A MAJOR
You can view our majors here. With over 26 different academic programs, UC Merced offers a number of programs to help prepare you for your future goals.
- At UC Merced, we understand that you might not yet know your chosen field of study as a high school student, so we encourage you to select a major that you are interested in pursuing or just apply undeclared.
- Selection as a Freshman applicant is not based on your major. You'll have the opportunity to work with your academic advisor to switch your major in the future.
- Admission as a transfer applicant is based on your major preparation and changing your major is not encouraged and may not be possible after your admission.
HELP, TOOLS, AND TIPS
Our admissions staff are available for one-on-one appointments to assist you with applications throughout November. Whether it's a question about your Personal Insight Questions (PIQs), academic history, or if you'd just like someone to review your application before you hit submit, we're here to help.
APPLICATION WORKSHOPS AND LIVE CHATS
We have several events to help you complete your application. You can sign up to attend our application webinar or one of our UC Application Live Chat Assistance events.
ADMISSIONS & FINANCIAL AID WORKSHOPS
Join us for the first admissions and financial aid webinar this fall.
PERSONAL INSIGHT QUESTIONS
Need help on your Personal Insight Questions? View our PIQ Video and join us for the upcoming PIQ webinar on November 3rd.
- Applying to UC as an AB-540 student
- Apply to UC as a home school student
- Applying to UC as an out-of-state student
- Applying to UC as an international student
Need Help or Have Questions?
UC Merced Office of Undergraduate Admissions